Anon Social Giveaway: Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- How to Enter: Via Instagram
During the Sweepstakes Entry Period (defined below), access the Instagram application on your mobile device or computer ("Device"), i) like the Sweepstakes photo on Instagram, ii) follow the @anonoptics Instagram feed, and iii), like & comment on the Sweepstakes photo on Instagram. If you do not have an Instagram application, you may download it through the application store on your Device. The Instagram applications are free.
If you choose to enter via Instagram using your mobile phone, standard data fees may apply. You should consult your wireless service provider's pricing plan for details. You agree to incur any and all charges demanded by your wireless carrier. You should also check your Device's features for capabilities and check the Device manual for specific use instructions.
All entry information, photos, videos and official hashtags shall be collectively referred to herein as the “Submissions” or each as a “Submission.” Submissions must comply with the Guidelines and Restrictions defined below.
Providing a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to give The Burton Corporation/Anon a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, for any purpose whatsoever, including for promotional or marketing purposes.
Limit one (1) Submission per person, per day of the Sweepstakes Entry Period regardless of method of entry. Duplicate Submissions by the same person will be subject to disqualification. All terms and conditions of Instagram apply. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Instagram account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different Instagram accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any Instagram account, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register on the platform will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
All entries become the sole and exclusive property of The Burton Corporation/Anon and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. The Burton Corporation/Anon is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsors. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the Sponsors, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
- Sweepstakes Entry Start/End Dates. Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 pm Eastern Time (“ET”) on June 27, 2023 and ends at 11:59:59 pm ET on June 29, 2023 (the “Sweepstakes Entry Period”). Each day begins at 12:00:00 am ET and ends at 11:59:59 pm ET.
- Eligibility. Participation open only to legal residents of the fifty United States, the District of Columbia, and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are at least nineteen (19) years of age. If you are at least 19 years of age but still a minor in your jurisdiction of residence, you represent and warrant that you have permission from your parent or legal guardian to enter this Sweepstakes and they have read and agree to these Official Rules on your behalf. Void outside of the eligibility territories, and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of The Burton Corporation/Anon, and affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of promotion materials, and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors are not eligible to enter. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions: By entering, each entrant agrees that entrant’s Submission conforms to the Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that The Burton Corporation/Anon, in their sole discretion, may remove any Submission and disqualify an entrant from the Sweepstakes if they believe, in their sole discretion, that the entrant’s Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions. You must be at least 19 years of age to participate.
- The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes any rights of any other party, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or any other intellectual property rights;
- The Submission must not disparage Burton/Anon, or any other person or party;
- The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations of the United States or of any jurisdiction where Submission is created;
- The Submission must be consistent with the image and values of Burton/Anon and be consistent with and satisfy the purpose of the Sweepstakes.
Each entrant acknowledges that other entrants may have used ideas and/or concepts in their Submission that may be similar in idea or concept to what is included in entrant’s Submission. Each entrant understands and agrees that they shall not have any claim against any other entrant or Sponsor arising out any such similarity or be entitled to any compensation because of any such similarity.
- Random Drawing/Odds. On or about June 30, 2023, one (1) winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for the drawing.
- Prize: Prize for one (1) winner will consist of: One (1) pair black Advocate sunglasses, one (1) pair red Wilderness sunglasses, one (1) Anon branded tote bag, one (1) Anon branded water bottle and one (1) Large gray Anon hoodie with a total MSRP of USD $600.00.
- Notification. Potential winner will be notified on or about June 30, 2023 and will be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and/or rights transfer document within five (5) days of receipt. If winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity and rights transfer document must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian.
If Entrant is the potential winner, they will be notified by a post or message on/to entrant’s social media account with instructions on how to claim the prize. Potential winner will be required to email Burton/Anon within thirty (30) calendar days in order to claim their prize. If any winner cannot be contacted within thirty (30) calendar days of first notification attempt, if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if any winner rejects his/her prize, or in the event of noncompliance with these Sweepstakes rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to a winner selected in a random drawing from all remaining eligible entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
- Conditions. BY PARTICIPATING, ENTRANTS AND WINNERS AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE BURTON CORPORATION/ANON, INSTAGRAM, AND THEIR ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONS AGENCIES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS (COLLECTIVELY, “RELEASED ENTITIES”), FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, FOR LOSS, HARM, DAMAGE, INJURY, COST OR EXPENSE WHATSOEVER INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH WHICH MAY OCCUR IN CONNECTION WITH, PREPARATION FOR, TRAVEL TO, OR PARTICIPATION IN SWEEPSTAKES, OR POSSESSION, ACCEPTANCE AND/OR USE OR MISUSE OF PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY AND FOR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, INVASION OF PRIVACY, COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT, TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT OR ANY OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY-RELATED CAUSE OF ACTION. Any and all federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Participation in Sweepstakes and acceptance of prize constitutes each winner’s permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information, and/or any statements made by each winner regarding the Sweepstakes or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. Burton/Anon is not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
- Additional Terms. Any attempted form of entry other than as set forth above is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. The Burton Corporation/Anon and their affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Sweepstakes, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Sweepstakes should (in their sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond their control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Burton/Anon may select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Burton/Anon. Burton/Anon reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual they find, in their sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or web site. Burton/Anon may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in their sole discretion, they determine that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties. IN NO EVENT WILL THE BURTON CORPORATION/ANON BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE AND/OR THE SWEEPSTAKES, DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- Disputes; Governing Law. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the Sweepstakes. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be exclusively conducted in Burlington, Vermont, U.S.A.
THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF VERMONT WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in or closest to the County of Chittenden in the State of Vermont. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.
For Quebec only: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
Sponsored by Burton Snowboards/Anon Optics. Prizes Provided by Anon Optics.
THIS PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH INSTAGRAM. YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR INFORMATION TO THE BURTON CORPORATION/ANON AND NOT TO INSTAGRAM.